Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Hate Perfume.


I stumbled upon the most peculiar smelling fragrance the other day. On second thought... it wasn't peculiar at all... it was totally familiar. It was the smell of a forest fire, captured in a milky white liquid and bottled for my sniffing pleasure. It smelled JUST like it's namesake. "Burning Leaves". In a truly amazing way. And kind of sweet (ah... of course. Burning maple leaves). It was like the first time I had a buttered popcorn Jelly Belly. I couldn't stop thinking about it. So much so I found myself talking about it floating on a tube on the Blanco river the next day. You gotta check out some of these other scents... just a taste of what you'll find:


In the Library: English Novel taken from a signed first edition of one of my very favorite novels, Russian and Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish


or this one:


Greenbriar 1966: This scent is a memory of my grandfather. The sawmill that he owned and the stone house where he lived. It is blended with sawdust, fresh cut hay, worn leather work gloves, pipe tobacco and a healthy amount of dirt. There is also a faint whiff of cotton overalls covered in axel grease...


I want to smell those SO BAYD!!!


Check out other CB I Hate Perfume scents HERE. The whole site is pretty interesting... and leaves me begging the question "what DOES the memory of kindness smell like??"

No comments:

Post a Comment